The journal «Limnology and Freshwater Biology» provides an opportunity to quickly publish the original scientific papers on the research of biotic and abiotic components of water bodies. Although most of the articles published in the journal deal with the study of lakes, we can accept the works related to the study of ecosystems of rivers, wetlands and reservoirs.
The scope of the journal comprises:
- hydrological, hydrochemical and geochemical aspects of aquatic ecosystems;
- molecular and classical biology of ecosystem research;
- systematics and ecology of aquatic ecosystems;
- natural and anthropogenic impacts on water systems and resources;
- paleolimnology and history of the environmental development;
- field and laboratory studies, and modelling.